Phuket Reopening for toursit on 1st of July
Posted on Jun 02, 2021 by admin
The world is getting exciting. Asia most popular holiday destination Thailand is gearing up for a ‘soft reopening’ to vaccinated travelers to visit the famous holiday island Phuket on the July 1.
While these are exciting news and everybody is excited by the prospects of this, we would like to begin by tempering expectations a bit: while all of this is confirmed in principle, the plan is still not 100% official. Let’s have a look what is planned so fare and what it means for you. Please let us know your view in below comment.The so-called Phuket Sandbox Model is a kind of pilot project to welcome international tourism to Thailand without quarantine between July and September this year.
When will open Phuket under the Phuket Sandbox Model?
Currently, it is planned for July 1st onwards, but this timeline is contingent upon having 70% or more of Phuket’s population vaccinated by that time. We will keep updates on our Social Media accounts.
Who is eligible to enter Thailand under the Phuket Sandbox Model?
- All vaccinated Travelers from low and medium risk countries.
- Adults 18 or older must be fully vaccinated (Approved vaccines: Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinovac, Covishield)
- All travelers vaccinated 14 Days to 1 Year Before the date of arrival
- All unvaccinated children under 12 years old who are traveling with vaccinated parents, (they will not need to present a Vaccine Certificate upon arrival).
- Unvaccinated children between 12 and 17 years old traveling with vaccinated parents. They will need to undergo a Rapid Antigen Test upon arrival at Phuket international Airport at their own expense (the estimated cost of the test is $35 – $45 USD).
What else I must bring and apply before to enter Thailand?
- You must be in possession of a CoVid-19 Vaccination certification, dated with 14 days to 1 year prior your arrival
- You need to have a valid Visa and a Certification of Entry from your local Thai Embassy
- You must have a mandatory CoVid-19 Insurance with a minimum coverage of 100.000 US $
- And a PCR Test must be conducted within 72 hours prior to departure to Phuket
- Your hotel in Phuket must be booked in an officially approved hotels, certified by the Amazing Thailand Safely & Health Administration (SHA) . All our hotels within our packages are SHA certified and allowed to accommodate you and your family.
For all detail information and applications, please contact your nearest Royal Thai Embassy / Consulate.
How to arrive to Phuket?
- Only direct international flights to Phuket International Airport (HKT) will be admitted or
- via the Middle East and Asia (please be aware that there will be maybe some additional restrictions)
- A stop over or transfer in Bangkok is not allowed.
What happen when you arrive in Phuket and during your stay in Phuket?
- Immigration will check all your papers including visas and the validity of COVID 19 vaccine certificates
- You are required to download and activate the Thailand Plus Mobile App which provides real-time information about COVID and has built-in contact tracing technology in case of infection.
- You will be asked to do a daily report on the Thailand Plus app.
- Once the immigration process is complete, you will be transferred to a SHA Approved hotel . The Hotels must report your names to immigration during your stay.
What kind of Tours and Activities I can join?
- You will be able to do activities inside Phuket Island and visit all areas on Phuket Island for the first 7 days. Normal COVID safety measures will be encouraged such as social distancing, masks, hand washing and sanitizer and thermal scans upon entry into buildings.
- You can join any of our island trips to Koh Phi Phi, Koh Yao and Phang Nga Bay on days 6 and 7. You must show a PCR test on day beforehand. All tours must be operated by a SHA-certified tour operator. South East Asia Dream is working only with SHA-certified operators and all itineraries in Phuket are designed with safety in mind.
- And after day 7 you can explore the rest of Thailand and travel beyond Phuket on day 8. Before you leave the island, you must have a PCR test one day beforehand.
What is the process if I like to see other areas’ or just plan to stay less than 7 days in Phuket?
- Before you are being able to travel to other provinces in Thailand, you must stay at least 7 nights in Phuket.
- It is possible to stay less than 7 nights in Phuket and travel back to home countries. But you will need to have a negative Covid-19 test before boarding the flight to their home country.
- A PCR test 72 hours prior to departure will be needed.
Just to reiterate, none of these details have been 100% formally confirmed yet. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is expecting some additional requirements as well as a lit of medium to low-risk country who are allow to participate in this model within the next few days.We will be updating you via our Social Media accounts.
Follow us on or contact us to stay up to date.
We are all looking so much forward to see this amazing project is starting and hope to welcome many of you back in Thailand soon. Please leave us your comment below what you think about this model?