Southern Cycling Adventures
Explore the amazing southern part of Thailand on this fascinating road bike package brings you from the northern part of Phuket to the famous Khao Sok National Park
|Duration:||4 days / 3 nights|
|Suitable For:||Family, Seniors, Honeymoon, Solo Traveler|
Explore with us an another coastal ride, lets cycle on this fascinating road bike tour from Phuket Island to the mainland, along the picturesque limestone formations of Khao Sok National Park to the stunning landscape of Phang Nga Bay and through the Khao Sok National Park to Khao Lak. The highlight is a boat trip on the Chiew Larn Lake.
The trip is on 4 stages from 77 km to 102 km | Total 357 km
- stop over and lunch at Samet Nangshe amazing viewpoint
- longtail boat trip around the Phang Nga Bay National Marine Park
- visit of James Bond Island
- pedal on a quiet and nice rural road to Phanom
- exploring the Khao Sok National Park
- canoe along the nearby river
- photo stop at the Tsunami Memorial in Khao Lak
- relax on unspoilt beaches of Khao Lak
Day 1: Phuket – Phang Nga (88km) ( - / L / - )
We start our adventure to the famous Khao Sok National Park in Phuket at our meeting point in Thalang in the morning. (Transfer back to your hotel / airport or transfer to the meeting point can be organized, just contact us.) After loading all the luggage onto the van and as soon as you found your right bike, you will get a detail tour briefing. Time to departure and finally to start our ride.
After about 30km we will cross the Sarasin Bridge and reach the mainland. From here we will take picturesque side roads through tropical landscapes. At Samet Nangshe will stop at the most amazing viewpoint featuring a popular café and enjoy a delicious lunch.
In the afternoon we glide in longboats through a world of stony islets, overgrown with lush green vegetation. The Phang Nga Bay National Marine Park is renowned for its unspoilt mangrove landscape. We will visit the famous James Bond Island, the rock formations from the James Bond movie “The Man with the Golden Gun”.
Return to the mainland we will make our way to our hotel for the night. Rest of the day is free of leisure.
Overnight (ON): Le Erawan Phangnga Hotel
Day 2: Phang Nga – Khao Sok National Park = 102 km (B / L / - )
After breakfast at the hotel we will twist and turn on a raised road through the jungle, heading towards Thaput. After a nice downhill ride, we reach this sleepy town and have a break.
Then we pedal on a quiet and nice rural road to Phanom. The majestic limestone rocks topped with jungle vegetation stay with us today.
Lunch will be serve on the way at a local restaurant.
We finally get into Khao Sok National Park. We move to our bungalows for a refreshing shower. As part of the program we spend the afternoon exploring the nearby river on a canoe. Bizarre limestone rock formations and dense jungle pass us by. The Khao Sok National Park is famous for its huge variety of plants and wildlife.
Overnight (ON): Khaosok Rainforest Resort
Day 3: Khao Sok National Park – Khao Lak = 77 km (B / - / - )
After breakfast at the resort we will departure. Shortly after the start, there is a short ascent that leads us right through the jungle. This short part may be done by bus, if you wish to do so. After enjoying a refreshing descent, we head towards Takua Pa. We enjoy a nice coffee and refreshments on the panorama terrace of the Khirinara Golf Club. After that we ride on a beautiful section with varied, tropical vegetation. 3 km before we reach Khao Lak, we do a short picture stop at the Tsunami Memorial.
Check into your hotel and have the rest of the day free of leisure. In the afternoon there is plenty of time for swimming and relaxing, with the luxury of both a swimming pool or the sandy beach to choose from
Overnight (ON): Nangthong Bay Resort
Day 4: Khao Lak – Phuket = 90 km (B / L / - )
After a healthy breakfast we will departure from Khao Lak and follow the main road for 33 km and turn left on a stunning side road near the beautiful coast. After the coffee break, we pass the Sarasin Bridge to cross back onto Thailand’s largest island, Phuket.
After lunch at a local restaurant we cycle in a relaxed pace back to Siam Bike Tours Shop and toast our eventful tour. Transfer back to your hotel / airport or transfer to your hotel / airport can be organized, just contact us
End of Tour
Note: All our private packages itineraries are not set in stone, meaning we can adjust, modify within your wishes, description. Or just let us create a complete new one for you. Our goal is to create your dream vacation. Just contact any time
Download the detailed program information in PDF format:
- all transfers mentioned in the program ( transfers from and to the meeting point can be organized, add to your booking / request)
- 3 overnights shared Room (Single room available with a surcharge)
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinners as listed in above program
- All coffee breaks: Iced coffee, delicious hot blended coffee beverages or tea
- Isotonic drinks, cola, water and fresh fruit on all stages
- English speaking service and services of qualified and license tour guide during the whole trip (Other languages on request)
- Team jersey | Team backpack | Team wallet | Drinking bottle 0.75 l
- Escort Bus with luggage trailer and with possibility to ride along
- Activities as described in Program / Itinerary
- Canoe tour of Khao Sok National Park
- Boat trip in Phang Nga Bay "James Bond Tour" and National Park fees
- Repair service
- Additional insurance during the tour
- Photos for downloading
- Full Service (Bottle refills, refreshing towelettes, storage of helmets and shoes and much more…)
- Local Taxes, Admission fee
- Entrance fees to all the sites as offered on the program and charges will be applicable all extra sites or additional alternative activities
- Accident Insurance coverage under local law
Package does not include:
- Any international or domestic airfare, any Hotels / Resort / Villas, and any transportation (Bus, Train, Taxi) outside the mentioned program / before or after your excursion with us
- Bike rental (we offer a large selection of Canyon rental bikes) see note:
- Snacks & meals outside the above-mentioned program
- Soft Drinks & Alcoholic beverages (available at extra cost)
- Expenditures of any personal nature
- Tips / gratuity to bellboys, Captain, crew, drivers and/or guide
- Visas and Visa Applications fees
- Bank- or payment transfer fees
- Travel- & Medical Insurance (Please note that a private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages / excursions/tours)
Bike Rental: details of the bike can be found:
- Alu Bike Rental: 3,200 THB
Carbon Bike Rental: 6,000 THB
Travel- & Medical Insurance
Travel Insurance including medical repatriation insurance is mandatory on all our trips. Therefore, we strongly recommend to our guests to make sure to purchase a suitable insurance package, which covers all kinds of travel problems, such as lost or loss of luggage, any kind of cancellation of airlines or tours for the value for all the length of your trip. All our tours include local accident insurance via the operator, but they are most of the time, not European standard. Make sure that it covers all the activities that you are likely to undertake, such as rafting, scuba diving, cycling, cruises, trekking, etc. Many ‘free’ insurances that come with banking packages, credit cards, etc., are quite inadequate to cover you, so make sure you check the policy before your travel. You are required to give a copy of your insurance policy to your tour leader upon arrival. Without proper insurance like this, we will not be allowed to join the tour as we will not be able to respond adequately in case of an emergency if you do not have the right insurance. Please also contact your doctor for further preparations regarding your chosen travel destination, including immunizations.
For those who are still looking for good Travel-, Medical- & Scuba Diving Insurance with worldwide coverage. Just visit our different Insurance Packages.
No matter which country you are from, just follow the above link and get your insurance package. Buy, extend, and claim online, from anywhere in the world, even while you are away from home and already on the way.
Note: Please note that private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages/excursions/tours.
Join in Tour:
|From Date||To Date||Duration||Adults||Children|
|26 Dec 2022||29 Dec 2022||4 days / 3 nights||on request|
|25 Jan 2023||28 Jan 2023||4 days / 3 nights||on request|
|23 Feb 2023||26 Feb 2023||4 days / 3 nights||on request|
|26 Dec 2023||29 Dec 2023||4 days / 3 nights||on request|
|From Date||To Date||Duration||2 Person|
|01 Jan 2022||28 Jan 2023||4 days / 3 nights|
Price is quoted per person and subject to change without prior notice