Elephant Home & Hill Tribe Village
Enjoy a short trip to the mountains close to the Myanmar Border and visit the Karen Hill Tribe Village - Pa Kao Lam at the Huay Nam Dung National Park. Learn how they changed the purpose of their Elephants to conserve these amazing giants in a sustainable way. Part of the program is the experience of the villages and welcome visitors who are interesting in study and experience the life of the local hill tribes and there elephant. It’s truly an once-in-a-lifetime experience.
|Duration:||2 days / 1 night|
|Suitable For:||Family, Seniors, Children, Honeymoon, Solo Traveler|
Day 1 : Chiang Mai – Pa Kao Lam Village, Huay Nam Dung National Park ( - / L / D )
After breakfast at your city hotel we will meet around 08.00 – 08.30 am to departure for your adventure. Via a 4x4 WD car we will leave Chiang Mai north to the Highland along Mae Rim – Mae Tang road. Our first stop will be at the Mae Malai Market to buy some local food and other necessary thing. You will be able to observe a typical Thai market with all its display of fresh vegetable, fruits and meat. Also available are small household items. We will continue our journey on country roads through Thailand’s mountains along tropical forest and rice fields. After arriving at the Pa Kao Lam Village your home for the next two days you will meet and greet your host and change your cloths to Karen Style. Check in our home stay and enjoy lunch at the Village with your host.
After lunch you will learn about the history of the village, the villager’s lifestyle and learn about Elephant’s anatomy, biology, instruction, do and don’t when we get closer the elephants. Your guide will introduce you to the owner of the Village Elephants and listen to the introduction and propose of this project and learn the tricks of observing the elephant behavior when they live as its nature. You will learn about traditional elephant herbs and create some organic herbal supplements for the Elephants. Time to meet the gentle giant, we will do a short trek from the village into the surrounding forest to finding the elephant; get closer to them observe their behavior and familiarize yourself with them, learn to communicate with them. Escort them to the river and enjoy some time during their daily afternoon bath in the river and in the mud before we return to the village.
befor we return to the village, we do a quick stop over at the Hill-tribe school before you have some time with the villager and learn more about their culture. See how your hosts is preparing your dinner and join with them. You will have more time to join the recreational activities before bed.
Day 2 : Pa Kao Lam Village, Huay Nam Dung National Park - Chiang Mai ( B / L / - )
06.30 am Wake up early morning and join the view of the mist around the forest. We start the day with a short walk around the village. Meet the villagers and see their daily routine; feed their pet, cut the grass or water the plant. Have a breakfast in the village. Enjoy this charming lifestyle before breakfast.
Hot breakfast will be served before you will visit the plant nursery to learn more about the herbal for the elephant and you try to cook some supplementary food for them. Moreover observing the elephant’s behavior and get closer to them and learn the basic tricks for follow the elephant trails in the forest. Around 12.00 have lunch in the jungle after enjoy some original jungle cooking. Around 14.00 it is time to say good bye to the elephant and we will return back to the village. Check out of your accommodation; say bye to the host and the Pa Kao Lam Village and return to your hotel in Chiang Mai City (arrival time approx. 18.00)
Timing is approximately and can be change without prior notice depends on local conditions. We do not adhere to a strict schedule within the village. The main objective of this program is to make the most of your visit at the local village.
- Roundtrip transfer between City Hotel/Airport in Chiang Mai - Pa Kao Lam Village, Huay Nam Dung National Park - City Hotel/Airport in Chiang Mai by 4x4 car
- English speaking of qualified local guide during the whole trip
- 1 overnights at home stay accommodation (dormitory room with basic mattress, mosquito net and bathroom and NO ELECTRICITY ) with local breakfast
- 2 lunches and 1 dinners (local food prepared from your host) and drinking water
- Tours and activities described in above package.
- Admission fee and Entrance fees
- Insurance (Thai standard)
Package not Includes:
- Any international or domestic airfare, any Hotels / Resort / Villas, and any transportation (Bus, Train, Taxi) outside the mentioned program / before or after your excursion with us
- Snacks & meals outside the above-mentioned program
- Soft Drinks & Alcoholic beverages (available at extra cost)
- Expenditures of any personal nature
- Tips/gratuity to bellboys, Captain, crew, drivers and/or guide
- Visas and Visa Applications fees
- Bank- or payment transfer fees
- Children under 4 years are FOC (under parents' care)
- Children above 4 : charge as adults
What to Bring:
- Overnight bag (Backpack can be provided on request) with change of clothes, Hat, Sunscreen, Sandals/Flip Flops, Bathing suite, Change of clothing, as you may get wet or muddy, a change of clothing and footwear is essential, towel, Shoes for walking, Camera, Bug Repellant, tooth brush and other toiletries,
- Bring any medicines you require or any soft drinks or preferred snacks, as this location is very remote, you will have the opportunity to get thinks on the first day on the market.
- Please bring power bank or enough batteries for your camera as there is no electricity and Ineternet at the home stay and the village.
Travel- & Medical Insurance
Travel Insurance including medical repatriation insurance is mandatory on all our trips. Therefore, we strongly recommend to our guests to make sure to purchase a suitable insurance package, which covers all kinds of travel problems, such as lost or loss of luggage, any kind of cancellation of airlines or tours for the value for all the length of your trip. All our tours include local accident insurance via the operator, but they are most of the time, not European standard. Make sure that it covers all the activities that you are likely to undertake, such as rafting, scuba diving, cycling, cruises, trekking, etc. Many ‘free’ insurances that come with banking packages, credit cards, etc., are quite inadequate to cover you, so make sure you check the policy before your travel. You are required to give a copy of your insurance policy to your tour leader upon arrival. Without proper insurance like this, we will not be allowed to join the tour as we will not be able to respond adequately in case of an emergency if you do not have the right insurance. Please also contact your doctor for further preparations regarding your chosen travel destination, including immunizations.
For those who are still looking for good Travel-, Medical- & Scuba Diving Insurance with worldwide coverage. Just visit our different Insurance Packages.
No matter which country you are from, just follow the above link and get your insurance package. Buy, extend, and claim online, from anywhere in the world, even while you are away from home and already on the way.
Note: Please note that private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages/excursions/tours.
Join in Tour:
|From Date||To Date||Duration||Adults||Children|
|01 Nov 2022||31 Oct 2023||2 days / 1 night||on request|
Price is quoted per person and subject to change without prior notice