River Kwai Jungle Adventure
The magnificent landscape and charming beauty of Kanchanaburi have resulted in major tourist attractions including several well-known waterfalls, caves which were once inhabited by Neolithic man, pristine national parks, tranquil rivers, virgin forests, and reservoir.
|Duration:||3 days / 2 nights|
|Departure:||Bangkok 06.00 am|
|Suitable For:||Family, Children|
|Trip Theme:||Adventure, History|
Get back to the nature and enjoy your time at this matchless Resort after wandering along the past of this historical destination. Overnight at the unique Superior Bungalow Hemingway Style and enjoy the view on the beautiful lake and garden.
Day 1: Bangkok – Kanchanaburi - River Kwai Noi (- / L / D)
Pick up from major hotels in Bangkok downtown area will be between 06.00 am – 06.30 am. Depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok) Arrive Kanchanaburi province and visit the Thailand–Burma Railway Centre an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand– Burma Railway. The fully air–conditioned center offers you an educational and moving experience Visit Allied War Cemetery which is memorial to some 6000 allied prisoners of war (POWs) who perished along the death railway line and were moved post-war to this eternal resting place. Visit the world-famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs Get ready for your journey back to the nature.
After lunch at a local restaurant we will continue our journey into Kanchanaburi’s history by visiting the Hellfire Pass Interpretive Center. The interpretive center presents the history of the Burma-Thailand railway under chronological and thematic headings, explaining the rationale for the railway, the way in which it was constructed, and the hardship experienced by those who worked on it. Then you can descend the long set of stairs behind the museum to Hellfire Pass Memorial Walking Trail following the original rail bed. Then, transfer to the resort. Check-in upon arrival.
Dinner and overnight at the resort.
Day 2: River Kwai Noi – Sai Yok Yai Waterfall & National Park – Lawa Cave - Mon Tribal Village (B / L / D )
In the morning right after breakfast, you will take a long-tailed boat upstream to visit Sai Yok Yai Waterfall & National Park.
Return to have lunch at your resort before we heading to our next destination the incredible Lawa Cave, explore many spacious chambers with stalactites and stalagmites followed by visiting the Mon tribal village, where the Mon people have lived for generations. Visit the Golden Rock, Buddha image cave and village school. Take a short walk on easy jungle trail along the riverbank to get to the stunning viewpoint of River Kwai. Continue the trail until reach your resort.
Dinner and overnight at the resort.
Day 3: River Kwai Noi - Museum Park - Death Railway - Bangkok (B / L / - )
After your early breakfast visit the Museum Park at the Resort and explore the whole collection of “Image as a Japanese Prisoner of war” by Jack Chalker, a British artist while he was a prisoner of war in the camp over a three year period. Stop by the Weary Dunlow Museum and the replicas of a hospital hut and learn under which condition the Prisoner of War (PoW’s) had to live.
Be ready for your 11.00 am check out and proceed for lunch at a local restaurant
After lunch you will take a historic ride on the notorious Thailand-Burma Death Railway Train (Death Railway) passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied Prisoner of War (POWs). Enjoy the ride with open windows along beautiful scenery passing by.
Arriving at the last station we will change to an air-conditioned van for last part of our tour. We meant arriving Bangkok downtown around 06.00 PM, however, under some unpredictable traffic circumstances; we could take somewhat longer hours to get back Bangkok.
Why not add an additional night and just relax and enjoy the scenery?
Learn more about the Historical Highlights around Kanchanaburi at our Travel Blog
Note: Deviations of the tour programs or time given in the program may sometimes necessary depending on traffic condition and any uncontrollable circumstances.
- Join Transportation from Bangkok (see below) to Kanchanaburi round trip,
- Two night accommodation superior bungalow Hemingway style (double occupancy)
- 7 meals (food only) (3 Lunch / 2 Dinner / 2 Breakfast),
- All activities mentioned in the above program
- All long-tailed boat transfers as described in the day-to-day description
- Train ticket over the Death Railway
- All admission Fee involved within above program,
- Local English-speaking tour guide,
- Local Taxes,
- Insurance coverage under Thai law (Thai standard)
Prices do not include:
- Any international or domestic airfare, any Hotels / Resort / Villas and any transportation (Bus, Train, Taxi) outside the mentioned program / before or after your excursion with us
- Snacks & meals outside the above-mentioned program
- Alcoholic beverages (available at extra cost)
- Optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the program,
- Expenditures of any personal nature
- Tips / gratuity to bellboys, Captain, crew, drivers and/or guide
- Visas and Visa Applications fees
- Bank- or payment transfer fees
- Travel- & Medical Insurance (Please note that a private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages / excursions/tours)
Additional night with fullboard (Dinner, breakfast and lunch)
- The transfer from Bangkok to the resort is operating on join/ seat-in-coach basis with an English-speaking guide only. Depending on the number of guests on any confirmed tours, the correct type of car/ van / coach cannot be confirmed at your reservation.
- Transfers are only operated within Sukhumvit (Soi 1 - 33), Silom, Pratunam areas and restricted to main hotels only
- Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 33 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply
Single Supplement surcharge – Single traveler
Additional Surcharge for single traveler is 1.600 THB (or 45 Euro) for the trip.
Children between 3yrs and 12 yrs: prices only on request
Travel- & Medical Insurance
Travel Insurance including medical repatriation insurance is mandatory on all our trips. Therefore, we strongly recommend to our guests to make sure to purchase suitable insurance package, which covers all kind of traveling problems, such as lost or loss of luggage, any kind of cancellation of airlines or tours for the value for all the length of your trip. All our tours are including local accident insurance via the operator, but they are most of the time not European standard. Make sure that it covers all the activities that you are likely to undertake, such as rafting, scuba diving, cycling, cruises, trekking etc. Many ‘free’ insurances that come with banking packages, credit cards etc., are quite inadequate to cover you, so make sure you check the policy before your travel. You are required to give a copy of your insurance policy to your tour leader upon arrival. Without proper insurance like this, we will not be allowed to join the tour as we will not be able to respond adequately in case an emergency if you do not have the right insurance. Please also contact your doctor for further preparations regarding to your chosen travel destination including immunizations.
For those who are still looking for a good Travel-, Medical- & Scuba Diving Insurance with a worldwide coverage. Just visit our different Insurance Package.
No matter from which country you are, just follow the above link and get your insurance package. Buy, extend, and claim online, from anywhere in the world, even while you away from home and already on the way.
Note: Please note that a private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages / excursions/tours.
|From Date||To Date||Duration||2 Person||1 Person|
|01 Jan 1970||31 Oct 2022||Additional Night|
|01 Nov 2021||31 Oct 2022||3 days / 2 nights|
Price is quoted per person and subject to change without prior notice