River Kwai Luxury Camp Adventure
The grounds around Kanchanaburi and the legendary River Kwai are full of its history during the construction of the Burma-Siam railway during WWII. Experience the history of the River Kwai Railway and spend one night in a luxury tented Camp directly on the river.
|Duration:||2 days / 1 night|
|Departure:||Bangkok 06.00 am|
|Trip Theme:||Adventure, History|
Day 1: Bangkok – Kanchanaburi - River Kwai Noi (- / L / D)
Pick time from major hotels in Bangkok downtown via air-conditioned minivan will be between 06.00 am -06.30 am from here we will depart to the province of Kanchanaburi which is located around 128 km to the west of Bangkok.
Our first stop will be at the Thailand–Burma Railway Centre in Kanchanaburi. This interactive museum, research and information facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand–Burma Railway. The Thailand-Burma Railway Center is fully air-conditioned center and offers you an educational and moving experience. Show you respect to the more than 6,000 Allied Prisoners of War (POWs), which are buried at the nearby Allied War Cemetery, before we head to the world-famous River Kwai Bridge just one part of the Death Railway constructed by these and more Allied Prisoners of War (POWs).
We will continue our journey to the tented camp to check in and enjoy our lunch with a glimpse on the river from the restaurant. After a little rest get ready for your next stop on our journey to the history. You will visit the Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum which is dedicated to all Allied Prisoners of War (POWs) and Asian laborers who suffered and died at Hellfire Pass during World War II. It is time to hike on the tracks of the past along the Hellfire Pass Walking Trails.
Getting back to your camp late afternoon, have the option of just relaxing in your Tent or get on a mountain bike and visit the village and farm nearby the camp.
Enjoy your dinner on the exotic buffet style BBQ dinner around a camp fire. Overnight at the camp.
Day 2: River Kwai Noi - Death Railway - Bangkok (B / L / - )
Returning back to the Camp it is time for a delicious breakfast before we have to check out to continue our journey along the river. We will travel via a local long-tailed boat along the Kwai River (Khwae Noi River) to visit an ethic Mon Tribal Village. Visit the little temple, Golden Rock and the Buddha Image Cave as well as the school of the Village. After a short walk on easy jungle trail along the River bank get to the stunning viewpoint of River Kwai.
We will departure from the village for a tasty lunch at a local restaurant on our way to our next stop. Take a historic ride on the "Death Railway Train" passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied Prisoners of War (POWs). Arriving at the last station we will change to an air-conditioned van for our last leg of our tour. We meant arriving Bangkok downtown around 06.00 PM, however, under some unpredictable traffic circumstances; we could take somewhat longer hours to get back BKK.
Why not add an additional night and just have a look on our package TH-KAN-2014
Learn more about the Historical Highlights around Kanchanaburi at our Travel Blog
Note: Deviations of the tour programs or time given in the program may sometimes necessary depending on traffic condition and any uncontrollable circumstances.
- Join Transportation from Bangkok (see below) to Kanchanaburi round trip,
- one night accommodation at a luxury Tented Camp (double occupancy),
- 4 meals (2 Lunch / 1 Dinner / 1 Breakfast),
- Visit Thailand-Burma Railway Center War Museum, War Cemetery, River Kwai Bridge, Hell Fire Pass Memorial and Riding on Death Railway Train
- All admission Fee involved within above program,
- Complimentary Mountain Bike usage,
- Local English speaking tour guide,
- Local Taxes,
- Insurance coverage under Thai law (Thai standard) (*)
- Minimum 2 persons are required per trip
Prices do not include:
- Any international or domestic airfare, any Hotels / Resort / Villas and any transportation (Bus, Train, Taxi) outside the mentioned program / before or after your excursion with us
- Any other service not mentioned in program
- Optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the program,
- Snacks & meals outside the above-mentioned program
- Alcoholic beverages (available at extra cost)
- Expenditures of any personal nature
- Tips / gratuity to bellboys, Captain, crew, drivers and/or guide
- Visas and Visa Applications fees
- Bank- or payment transfer fees
- Travel- & Medical Insurance (Please note that a private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages / excursions/tours)
- The transfer from Bangkok to the resort is operating on join/ seat-in-coach basis with an English-speaking guide only. Depending on the number of guests on any confirmed tours, the correct type of car/ van / coach cannot be confirmed at your reservation.
- Transfers are only operated within Sukhumvit (Soi 1 - 33), Silom, Pratunam areas and restricted to main hotels only
- Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 33 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply
Single Supplement surcharge – Single traveler
Surcharge for single traveler is 1.100 THB (around 30 Euro) for the trip
Children between 3yrs and 12 yrs: only on request
Travel- & Medical Insurance
Travel Insurance including medical repatriation insurance is mandatory on all our trips. Therefore, we strongly recommend to our guests to make sure to purchase suitable insurance package, which covers all kind of traveling problems, such as lost or loss of luggage, any kind of cancellation of airlines or tours for the value for all the length of your trip. All our tours are including local accident insurance via the operator, but they are most of the time not European standard. Make sure that it covers all the activities that you are likely to undertake, such as rafting, scuba diving, cycling, cruises, trekking etc. Many ‘free’ insurances that come with banking packages, credit cards etc., are quite inadequate to cover you, so make sure you check the policy before your travel. You are required to give a copy of your insurance policy to your tour leader upon arrival. Without proper insurance like this, we will not be allowed to join the tour as we will not be able to respond adequately in case an emergency if you do not have the right insurance. Please also contact your doctor for further preparations regarding to your chosen travel destination including immunizations.
For those who are still looking for a good Travel-, Medical- & Scuba Diving Insurance with a worldwide coverage. Just visit our different Insurance Package.
No matter from which country you are, just follow the above link and get your insurance package. Buy, extend, and claim online, from anywhere in the world, even while you away from home and already on the way.
Note: Please note that a private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages / excursions/tours.
Join in Tour:
|From Date||To Date||Duration||Adults||Children|
|01 Nov 2021||31 Oct 2022||2 days / 1 night||on request|
Price is quoted per person and subject to change without prior notice