Mergui Archipelago - Barefoot Luxury at its finest on Kyun Pila Island - Private Island Resort
Visit the luxury island Resort on Kyun Pila Island (Awei Pila) at the Mergui Archipelago in Myanmar/Burma.
|Duration:||5 days / 4 nights|
|Departure:||from Ranong or Kawthaung|
|Suitable For:||Family, Seniors, Children|
|Trip Theme:||Adventure, Classic|
Located on a remote beach private island, which is only accessible by boat and around 80 km from the mainland and Kawthaung, find at its northern beach a high-end barefoot luxury resort. Get a sense of what it truly means to “get away” and enjoy this amazing island surrounded by virgin forest with views out to the open Andaman Sea. The bay embraces a 600-metre-long natural beach front. The high forested area and the adjacent hill side around the bay is accessible by trails and invites for to explore the island’s unique flora and fauna.
Beyond the beach find the forest with a variety of trees which provides the guest suites protection from the natural environment. The adjacent hill side around the bay is accessible by trails invites you to explore the island’s unique flora and fauna. Visit the fisherman’s bay which will gives you a taste of the local sea fairing culture and spend your days with exploration trip to surrounding islands and some water sport activities at the resort.
The 24 luxury suite bungalows are designed around a light weight insulated timber and fabric structure. The prefabricated fabric structures allow for low environmental impact, with minimal foundations maintaining the existing vegetation. The architecture reinforces the feeling of a base camp for exploration and adventure, mixed with local touches of Myanmar traditional construction techniques.
Itinerary: The itinerary below is our sample itinerary, please choose your activities or contact us for your own private package. The Resort can also be booked for less and more days. Explore the island surrounding and maybe combine them to a nice overall exciting package
Day 1 arrival day: Kawthaung – Kyun Pila Island ( - / - / D )
Your adventure starts with a 2.5 – 3 hour shared speedboat transfer departs from the Myo Ma Jetty Kawthaung pier at 2:30pm sharp. Transfers from the airport in Kawthaung or Ranong or from your hotel in Kawthaung or Ranong are included on the day of the departure of your boat. Please see details under Package included.
Arrival on the island and welcome to the Resort, check in. Free at Leisure
Dinner and Overnight at the resort
Day 2: trekking & hiking - Water activities (B / L / D )
After breakfast you have the option to choose between short hiking / trekking into the surrounding forest:
- THIT PIN TREKKING EXPEDITON a two hour trek inside the Pila natural forest. Discover the local fauna & flora. See the Sea Poison Trees, which are used by the Moken to fish as well as Bayan Trees which are over 90 years old.
- FISHING VILLAGE COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE. Follow our local staff and take this 1 ½ hour trek along Pila Island and visit the Moken and Fishing Village a small community living nearby. Learn about their habits, culture, and visit the Pagoda.
Return to the Resort for lunch. After lunch it is time to do some exercise and enjoy the sun, pass by the water sports center and ask for a single or double Kayak or experience the more challenging stand-up paddle board or just grab a snorkeling kit with one of our staff and enter the water to meet Awei Pila natural reef residents, baby fishes, newborn corals and yellow tail snappers are waiting for you. (Lessons kayaking, snorkeling and stand up paddling is available (extra charge)
Before the sun is going down join our NAY WUN MOMENT, a short 20-minute hike to the top of the mountain on the East side of Pila Bay. Enjoy a breathtaking view of the sunset. Duration around one hour.
Return at the resort and enjoy a drink at the bar. Dinner and Overnight at the resort
Day 3: Boat excursion (B / L / D )
Breakfast at the resort. Today we will visit nearby island by boat. Choose one of the below snorkeling & mangrove / kayaking excursion to nearby islands
- KYUNN SAH EXPERIENCE: Depart from Pila on a local boat and head to Nga Mann Island (also called Shark Island because of the shape of the island) for some snorkeling on a pristine reef, restore your energy with a healthy picnic with drinks, salad and sandwiches under the natural shade before heading towards the coral reefs of Bo Wei for some more snorkeling. Duration: Half-day
- MANGROVE HLAW EXPEDITION: Depart from Pila on our local boat towards the Southside of Pila for some snorkeling on a pristine reef, followed by some Kayaking inside the Mangrove to discover a new ecosystem, relax and enjoy your healthy picnic with salads, drinks and sandwiches on a secluded beach. Duration: Half-day –Tide dependent.
- KYUN & NAY WUN EXPEDITION: After boarding our local boat, we head West to discover some pristine beaches and enjoy incredible snorkeling, after some drinks and snacks we go for our second spot and while you snorkel our staff will set up a nice picnic for you to enjoy some local delicacies. Duration: Half-day.
Return at the resort. Dinner and Overnight at the resort
Day 4: Resort experience - Massage - Cooking Class (B / L / D )
Enjoy your breakfast at the resort and relax during a 1 hour massage. Choice between a traditional Thai Massage, Foot Massage or a relaxing Oil massage. After this relaxing experience, get ready for some culinary experience and enjoy a traditional Burmese cooking class in our Gazebo. Select your vegetable from our organic garden and cook them with our Myanmar Chef.
Free of Leisure. Lunch, Dinner and Overnight at the resort
Day 5: Departure day (B / - / - )
Breakfast at the hotel before it is time to say goodbye to the team of the resort. The Speedboat will departure as 08.30 am sharp, so we will arrive in Kawthaung early enough for your further journey.
Transfers from the pier in Kawthaung to either Airport in Ranong or Kawthaung can be arranged please check below the details.
End of Service
Note: Are you are planning to spend a part of your honeymoon with us? Please contact us for your special honeymoon package.
The Resort has two types of tented villas given and for those who prefer more the Glamping style accommodation some amazing Glamping Tent
- 10 Standard tented Villas in the second row with a view of the Mergui forest, chill out in your private terrace and forest garden,
- 14 Superior tented Villas (beach front) views of the Andaman Sea, relax in your private terrace surrounded by manicured grounds
- 3 Glamping tent
all bungalows are 45qm with a private terrace of 14qm (total59qm) equipped with either Twin or Double bed, air-condition, desk, ceiling, cabinet, rank and en-suite Bathroom with an outside Shower.
- Swimming Pool
- Restaurant & Bar
- Spa (treatment chargeable)
- Diving Center (additional charge for dives, trips and courses)
- Underwater, In Water, Beach and Cultural Experiences
- free Wifi
- CCTV in common area
- Safety deposit box
- Full-time professional medical personnel on site.
Above prices include:
- Land and boat transfer from the Airport / Hotel in Kawthaung/ Myanmar or Airport / hotel in Ranong/Thailand to the pier in Kawthaung on your arrival and departure day. Please read carefully below note for your arrival details
- Boat transfers Kawthaung – Kyun Pilar– Kawthaung. Departure from Kawthaung jetty daily sharp 02.30pm (14.30). From Kyun Pilar daily around 08.30 am (08.30). Please read carefully below note for your continue journey
- Accommodation at the Beachfront Sea View Bungalows (double or single occupancy) change to Sea View Bungalows or more to the unique Glamping tent is possible, please contact us.
- Full board while on the island (3 meals). Continental or à la carte breakfast Serve A la Carte. Guests have a choice between 2 set menus at every meal. (Asian/Western) or buffet depending on the occupancy of the resort. Vegetarian/Vegan and Halal cuisine available on request
- Drinking water, Soft Drinks & Juice, Tea and Coffee at the resort
- In-house alcoholic beverages all day
- English speaking Resort staff
- Free use of sea kayaks and snorkeling equipment,
- One guided half day Boat Experience as listed in the program
- One Hour Massage as listed in the program
- Private Burmese Cooking Class as listed in the program
- Life Jacket during boat trips
- All taxes, port and Mergui Archipelago Royalty fees
Above rates do not include:
- International or domestic flights
- Myanmar Visa Fees (please see below note)
- Medical- and other personal travel insurances
- Private transfer (additional supplement) could be arranged separately.
- Scuba diving activities
- Souvenirs, tip / gratuity for crew and resort staff etc.
- Travel- and medical insurance (see***)
- Any services not mentioned above,
Boat Transfers between Kawthaung and Kyun Pilar
Join in transfers from Kawthaung to Boulder Island:
Shared speedboat transfer (between 2.5-3 hour) departs Kawthaung pier (GMT +6.5) at 2:30pm sharp daily. Please make sure you are in time in Kawthaung so you not miss the departure of our boat to the island. In cases where the pick-up point is not the airport, the resort would pick-up the guests at their hotels, kindly note three days advance notice is required.
- Arrival via Airport Kawthaung: Guests arriving from Kawthaung airport should ensure flight arrives at Kawthaung airport by 2:00pm. As domestic airlines from Yangon are most of the time arriving with delay, we strongly recommend arriving one day before the departure, we will organize the transfer on the departure day from your hotel. Many of our guests liked to stay at the Victoria Cliff Resort which is the best hotel in Kawthaung. If you look for something simpler there are the Garden Hotel or Penguin Hotel. All detail these hotels can be checked on www.agoda.com. You also have to opportunity to book directly online.
- Arrival via Airport in Ranong (GMT +7): Thai domestic airlines are much more reliable, so the morning flights from Bangkok to Ranong will come by time. Please calculate 1,5 hrs – 2 hours for the transfer to and from the Airport in Ranong, meaning your flight should arrive before 12.00 noon.
Join in transfers from Kyun Pilar to Kawthaung:
The shared speedboat transfer departs for Kawthaung pier (GMT +6.5) at 8:30am sharp daily and we will arrive back in Kawthaung before 12 noon. Please make sure that your connection flights are not to early that day.
- Transfer to Kawthaung Airport: Please plan one hour to get from the pier to the Airport Kawthaung, meaning your plan should not leave before 14.00 (2pm) as you must be one hour before departure at the airport.
- Transfer to Ranong Airport: Myanmar is a half hour before Thailand, so if you plan to leave via Ranong please consider the different time zone. Please calculate 1,5 hrs – 2 hours for the transfer to and from the Airport in Ranong meaning your flight should not departure before 15.00 pm (Thai Time) as you have to be also one hour before departure at the airport.
- Children below 6yrs, sharing bed with both parents are free
- Children (6-12yrs) same room with parents at additional bedding - 30% surcharge
- Maximum occupancy per room in such cases is 2 adults and 2 children (maximum one child under the age of 6 years old to use the existing bedding and additional child (under 12 yrs) will be surcharged supplement of 30%
- Children between 12-15yrs same room with parents at additional bedding - 50% surcharge
- 15yrs+ are regard as an adult and will be charged as such
- Changed the room category to Sea View (row2) Bungalow is possible on request
- Changed the room category to one of the unique Glamping tents is possible on request
- Additional day: on request
- Scuba Diving package as well Scuba diving classes also for beginners are available
- Please note to have a private Diving Insurance are mandatory
Travel- & Medical Insurance
Travel Insurance including medical repatriation insurance is mandatory on all our trips. Therefore, we strongly recommend to our guests to make sure to purchase suitable insurance package, which covers all kind of traveling problems, such as lost or loss of luggage, any kind of cancellation of airlines or tours for the value for all the length of your trip. All our tours are including local accident insurance via the operator, but they are most of the time not European standard. Make sure that it covers all the activities that you are likely to undertake, such as rafting, scuba diving, cycling, cruises, trekking etc. Many ‘free’ insurances that come with banking packages, credit cards etc., are quite inadequate to cover you, so make sure you check the policy before your travel. You are required to give a copy of your insurance policy to your tour leader upon arrival. Without proper insurance like this, we will not be allowed to join the tour as we will not be able to respond adequately in case an emergency if you do not have the right insurance. Please also contact your doctor for further preparations regarding to your chosen travel destination including immunizations.
For those who are still looking for a good Travel-, Medical- & Scuba Diving Insurance with a worldwide coverage. Just visit our different Insurance Package.
No matter from which country you are, just follow the above link and get your insurance package. Buy, extend, and claim online, from anywhere in the world, even while you away from home and already on the way.
Note: Please note that a private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages / excursions/tours.
All visitors to Myanmar must apply for a 28day tourist visa. You can get your Myanmar visa either at your Myanmar Embassy in your country or since 1 September 2016 everybody can apply for e-visa to enter through all parts of Myanmar including Kawthaung and then travel freely in Myanmar. The price for such visas is 50 US$. Please note: The Visa on Arrival (Tourist) will be issued only to those arriving by air through the Entry points of Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw International airports.
Price is quoted per person and subject to change without prior notice