South East Asia Dreams - Where your dream holiday begins.

Phuket - "Pearl of the Andaman Sea"

Phuket also called "The Pearl of the Andaman Sea" is located approximately 862 kilometers south of Bangkok. Phuket is Thailand's largest island, which is often natural resources- rocky peninsular, limestone cliffs, white powdery beaches, tranquil broad bays and tropical in-land forests contribute to making it to the most popular island and province.

Phuket's Highlights

 

Phuket Province covers an area of around 590 square kilometers which includes 39 other small islands around. Phuket islands length, from north to south, is 48.7 kilometers and 21.3 kilometers wide. Phuket borders on Phang-Nga Province in the north and is connected with the mainland by the Sarasin Bridge and Thep Krasattri Bridge. Phuket has only two seasons in a year - the green season (May to October) and the hot season (November to April). The months between September and October are the wettest months. The Hot season is the best period for a visit, feel the fresh sea breeze, see the clear blue sky and marvel at the crystal clear water while lying on powdery, palm-fringed beaches. Average temperatures ranges between 23 C and 33 C.

Phuket's topology is with 70 % of its area covered with mountains which is stretching from north to south, the remaining 30 percent being plains located in the central and eastern parts of the island, with whit sandy beaches along the west coast.