Mergui Archipelago - Back to the Nature
Explore and enjoy an Eco Resort which offer sustainable vacation back into the nature. Unlike almost all 800 islands of the Mergui Archipelago, which are limestone, Boulder Island (Nga Khin Nyo Gyee Island) is formed by huge granite boulders scattered along the coast, which explains the English name.
|Duration:||7 days / 6 nights|
|Frequency:||Monday, Thursday, Saturday, By Schedule|
|Suitable For:||Family, Seniors, Children, Honeymoon, Solo Traveler|
|Trip Theme:||Adventure, Free & easy|
Simple wooden and bamboo bungalows with mosquito nets over beds scattered across the tropical rain forest and along the huge Boulder Bay this “back-to-nature” Resort will provide their guests a nature and eco experience with sustainable approach. Powered 100% by solar, the Resort dispensed on power guzzling devices such as air-condition or hot water boiler. Because the resort is built in such a smart way under the trees and facing the sea, a fresh breeze is always there and for those who need a little bit more, each bungalow has a ceiling fan as well as a stand fan.
The island is quiet and secluded, but mesmerizing and remind your body and soul that they are part of a beautiful ecosystem. Despite its size, there is so much to explore on this small island, from its rugged coastlines and tropical forest.
Come and spend some quality and relaxing time on this deserted island. Recharge your batterie by staying in this simple facility of this eco-resort and getting one with the nature around you. Explore the island and its surrounding water with its breathtaking coral reefs.
Itinerary: The itinerary below is just a sample itinerary, there are 3 times a week departures and arrivals please contact us to adjust your package on request. Explore the island surrounding an maybe combine them to a nice overall exciting package
Day one / arrival day ( - / L / D):
Early morning transfer (between 08.30 – 09.00) either from your hotel in Kawthaung/Myanmar or hotel in Ranong/Thailand or from your early morning flight at the Ranong Airport. Transfer to the Kawthaung Pier for you embark the shuttle boat for your relaxing cruise along the island to Boulder Island (Nga Khin Nyo Gyee Island). During the 5-6 hour cruise enjoy some cold drinks, tea or coffee. Lunch will be served onboard. Arriving at the Island, get ready for the transfer from the boat to the beach / resort. After a small welcome briefing from the Resort Manager, check into your bungalow. Time to explore the resort or take a cool dip from the beach. Dinner will be served around 19.00 hrs (07.00pm). After dinner listen to our tour guide who will give you a little overview what activities can be made and inform you of the next day excursion trail. Overnight at the resort.
Following day’s on the island ( B / L / D )
Breakfast served from 08.00 am – 10.00 am every morning. Enjoy your day by either joy one of the escorted hiking tours or take a kayak and explore the bays on your own paste, or just relax on one of the beautiful beaches. The Island has soo much to offer, just enjoy and have a good time. Lunch and Dinner will be served at the resort
Last Day / departure day: ( B / - / - ) It is an early morning wake up call. Please get ready to embark the shuttle boat around 06.00 am for you cruise back to the mainland. Breakfast will be served on the boat. Arriving at the pier Kawthaung, our team will escort you to your next destination, either hotel / Airport in Kawthaung or Ranong.
The Resort has 20 nature bungalows within 3 different Categories:
- 12 standard (garden view),
- 7 superior (beach front) and
- 1 suite (beach front and double bed)
all bungalows equipped with either Twin or Double bed, bed lights, desk, ceiling and stand fan, rank and ensuite Bathroom with cold water shower, some bungalow do have an outside Shower.
- complimentary biodegradable soap, shower gel and shampoo in each bungalow
- Welcome present in a high-quality cotton bag which includes a sustainable stable / biodegradable item such as, Cotton Swabs, bamboo toothbrush, toothpaste tabs, insect repellent, sun cream SPF50, and a multi-use aluminum water bottle.
- Drink water station to refill your bottle around the resort
- free use of snorkeling mask / snorkel and open heel fins
- complimentary use of sea kayaks
- guided excursion by local and very experience tour guides
- community building with bar and free basic Wifi (perfect for a digital detox time)
- board games and little library
- Scuba Diving option for certified divers (additional costs)
- more than 10 km of Tropical Treks around the island
- six magical bays with picturesque beaches
- amazing coral reefs around the island
- Marine Biologist
Above prices include:
- Land transfer from the Airport / Hotel in Kawthaung/ Myanmar or Airport / hotel in Ranong/Thailand to the pier in Kawthaung on your arrival and departure day, Very Important, please read carefully below note.
- Boat transfers Kawthaung – Boulder Island – Kawthaung. Departure from Kawthaung jetty every Monday, Thursday and Saturday sharp 10.00 am. From Boulder Island every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday around 06.00 am. So you will arrive at the Kawthaung pier around 12.00 Noon. Very Important, please read carefully below note..
- Accommodation at the Standard Bungalows (double or single occupancy) Upgrade to Superior or Suite is possible, please contact us.
- Full board while on the island (3 meals). Lunch and dinner with minimum 3-4 dishes per meal
- Drinking water, Tea and Coffee at the resort
- English speaking Resort - and Guest Relation Manager,
- Free use of sea kayaks and snorkeling equipment,
- All activities on the island such as guided trekking tours etc.
- Life Jacket during boat trips
- Free WiFi at the community building area
- Access to our research and water sports center barge in Boulder Bay
- Peak Season surcharge
- All taxes, port and Mergui Archipelago Royalty fees
Above rates do not include:
- Any international or domestic airfare, any Hotels / Resort / Villas, and any transportation (Bus, Train, Taxi) outside the mentioned program / before or after your excursion with us
- Snacks & meals outside the above-mentioned program
- Boat transfer outside of regular schedules to and from Boulder Island
- Myanmar Visa Fees and Visa Applications fees (please see below note)
- Medical- and other personal travel insurances
- Scuba dives for certified divers (please see below note)
- Soft drinks and Alcoholic beverages, (Please note that we will charge a corkage fee for brought drinks (1 US$ per beer can and 10US$ per bottle of wine or any alcoholic spirit) and soft drinks
- Any services not mentioned above,
- Expenditures of any personal nature
- Tips / gratuity to bellboys, Captain, crew, drivers and/or guide
- Bank- or payment transfer fees
- Travel- & Medical Insurance (Please note that a private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages / excursions/tours)
Boat Transfer s between Kawthaung and Boulder Island
Join in transfers from Kawthaung to Boulder Island:
- The big transfer vessel will departure every Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 10.00 am sharp from the jetty in Kawthaung. Because of Tide or when all guests are in the area already the departure time can be changed. It is very important that you reconfirm a day before with our Operation Manager in Kawthaung directly (contact details on your voucher). Please make sure you will be available a minimum of 30 Minutes before departure at the pier for the immigration / harbor check out procedure. The 5 - 6 hours trip between Kawthaung and Boulder is really a great trip with nice views in a comfortable boat with comfortable seating, 2 Gazebos for resting or reading a book, coffee, tea, soft drinks & cookies etc on board, as well as a proper toilet facility. Please make sure you are in time in Kawthaung so you not miss the departure of our boat to the island
- Arrival via Airport Kawthaung: As domestic airlines from Yangon are most of the time arriving with delay we strongly recommend to arrive one day before the departure, we will organize the transfer on the departure day from your hotel. Many of our guests liked to stay at the Victoria Cliff Resort which is the best hotel in Kawthaung. If you look for something simpler there are the Garden Hotel or Penguin Hotel. All detail these hotels can be checked on www.agoda.com. You also have to opportunity to book directly online.
- Arrival via Airport in Ranong: Thai domestic airlines are much more reliable, so the morning flights from Bangkok to Ranong will come by time. Please calculate 1,5 hrs – 2 hours for the transfer to and from the Airport in Ranong meaning your flight should arrive before 08.00 (8am) Thai time.
Join in transfers from Boulder Island to Kawthaung:
- We have transfers every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday from Boulder Island back to Kawthaung, on board of the comfortable motor vessel MV UHR 1. Departure time from the Island is around 06.00 am, and we will arrive back in Kawthaung around 12 noon. Please make sure that you connection flights are not to early that day.
- Transfer to Kawthaung Airport: Please plan one hour to get from the pier to the Airport Kawthaung, meaning your plan should not leave before 14.00 (2pm) as you have to be one hour before departure at the airport.
- Transfer to Ranong Airport: Myanmar is a half hour before Thailand, so if you plan to leave via Ranong please consider the different time zone. Please calculate 1,5 hrs – 2 hours for the transfer to and from the Airport in Ranong meaning your flight should not departure before 15.00 pm (Thai Time) as you have to be also one hour before departure at the airport.
Additional Transfer option outside our above mentioned transfers: A daily transportation (depending on availability) from Kawthaung - Boulder Bay Eco Resort - Kawthaung is possible (additioal costs) by our MV UHR or our power Catamaran (additional costs) or an outside speedboat one way transfer from Kawthaung to Boulder Island or Boulder Island to Kawthaung
- by comfortable motor vessel (UHR 1) (up to 10 passengers) will take 5-6 hours the additional costs will be 600 US$ per way for the whole boat
- by Catamaran (15 - 20 passengers) only for $800 per way for the whole boat,
- by additinal hiring standard speedboat will take 2 hours only for $1.200 - $1.500 depending on the size of group/boat per way for the whole boat,
- Maximum of one Child up to 5yrs, sharing bed with both parents are free
- Children (6-12yrs) in extra bed or sharing bed with both parents are for 120 US$ / per night
- Children (13-18yrs) in extra bed 180 US$ / per night
- Upgrade to Superior Bungalowor Suite is possible on request
- Extra bed: 200 US$ per night per person above 18 years.
- Additional day: on request
Scuba Diving Prices / Packages
Scuba diving for certified divers is available on the island. Just let us know in advanced what you like to do so we can make sure we have the right equipment on the island. Payment and all details about each dive will be made directly with our Manager on the island.
Prices per dive around the island are available from our Watersport platform or from longtail as listed below:
- Dives from our watersport platform – 40 US$ per person/dive
- Longtail dive – 50 US$ per person/dive
- Night dive from our watersport platform = 50 US$ per person/dive
- Refresher Course for certified divers, who has only less than 30 dives and/or not dived for at least 2 years: 60 US$ per person from our watersport platform
- Dive Package: 6 dives incl long tail boat dives, night- and day dives from the watersports platform and the refresher course – 270 US$ per person (any additional dive = 40 US$ per person/dive)
All above dives are:
- incl Divemaster, Tank (int) and weight belt and weights
- Rental diving Equipment: only Full Set available (BCD, Reg, Shorty) = 20 US$ per set/dive
- Torch for night dives: 10 US$ per person/dive
Diving Insurance and your own private Dive Computer are mandatory
Travel- & Medical Insurance
Travel Insurance including medical repatriation insurance is mandatory on all our trips. Therefore, we strongly recommend to our guests to make sure to purchase suitable insurance package, which covers all kind of traveling problems, such as lost or loss of luggage, any kind of cancellation of airlines or tours for the value for all the length of your trip. All our tours are including local accident insurance via the operator, but they are most of the time not European standard. Make sure that it covers all the activities that you are likely to undertake, such as rafting, scuba diving, cycling, cruises, trekking etc. Many ‘free’ insurances that come with banking packages, credit cards etc., are quite inadequate to cover you, so make sure you check the policy before your travel. You are required to give a copy of your insurance policy to your tour leader upon arrival. Without proper insurance like this, we will not be allowed to join the tour as we will not be able to respond adequately in case an emergency if you do not have the right insurance. Please also contact your doctor for further preparations regarding to your chosen travel destination including immunizations.
For those who are still looking for a good Travel-, Medical- & Scuba Diving Insurance with a worldwide coverage. Just visit our different Insurance Package.
No matter from which country you are, just follow the above link and get your insurance package. Buy, extend, and claim online, from anywhere in the world, even while you away from home and already on the way.
Note: Please note that a private travel insurance is mandatory on all our packages / excursions/tours.
All visitors to Myanmar must apply for a 28day tourist visa. You can get your Myanmar visa either at your Myanmar Embassy in your country or since 1 September 2016 everybody can apply for e-visa to enter through all parts of Myanmar including Kawthaung and then travel freely in Myanmar. The price for such visas is 50 US$. Please note: The Visa on Arrival (Tourist) will be issued only to those arriving by air through the Entry points of Yangon, Mandalay and Nay Pyi Taw International airports.
Join in Tour:
|From Date||To Date||Duration||Adults||Children|
|15 Oct 2023||15 May 2024||7 days / 6 nights||on request|
Price is quoted per person and subject to change without prior notice